H-Cube® Continuous-flow Hydrogenation Reactor
A revolutionary bench-top standalone hydrogenation reactor, uniquely combining continuous-flow microchemistry with endogenous on-demand hydrogen generation and a disposable catalyst cartridge system. It allows fast and cost-efficient hydrogenation with superior yield when compared to conventional methods.
Continuous hydrogenation reactions are performed in a flow system. The hydrogen gas necessary for the reaction is generated in-situ. Reactions take place on disposable proprietary CatCarts®, packed catalyst columns modeled after conventional HPLC systems, ensuring excellent lab integration and ease of use. Every aspect of the operation on the H-Cube® is controlled and monitored using a touch-screen panel. With no external storage of hydrogen necessary, the H-Cube® may be used safely in almost any laboratory environment, while its minimal "footprint" maximizes available bench space.
- H-Cube® Product brochure
- Application Notes
- Scientific publications utilizing the H-Cube®
- Download list of CatCarts® and CatCart packages for the H-Cube, together with the dead volume calculation for H-Cube
- A continuous-flow of substrate is combined with hydrogen, generated in-situ from the electrolysis of water.
- The Hydrogen/Substrate mixture can be heated and pressurized up to 100°C (212°F) and 100 bar (1450 psi) respectively.
- The mixture is then passed through a packed catalyst cartridge (CatCart®), where the reaction takes place, and the product continuously elutes out of the CatCart® and into a collection vial.
- Excellent potential for automated high-throughput hydrogenation when integrated with a liquid handler.
- Within 5 minutes, product emerges for fast reduction and optimization. Reductions varying in scale from 10 mg-10 g can be performed on the same compact reactor.
- No cylinders or other external hydrogen source necessary
- No catalyst filtration or direct catalyst handling
- Easy catalyst exchange
- Analyze reaction results after 5 minutes. Pressure and temperature can then be changed to optimize product conversion to 100%
- Perform up to 50 different validation conditions in a day
- Higher reaction rates with increased phase mixing
- Easy to use -touch screen controlled
- Compact size -can be used in a standard laboratory fume hood
- No special training or skills required to operate touch screen is user-friendly
- Can be coupled to standard liquid-handling robots for the integration of hydrogenation into an automated synthesis process