Easy Ozone Generation for chemical or disinfectioning purposes
How does it work?
The Ozone ModuleTM provides a safe and efficient way of generating ozone from oxygen with the oxygen amount precisely controlled through the built-in mass flow controller. This system can also be used as a powerful and compact standalone ozonizer. The Ozone ModuleTM will need an oxygen generator such as a cylinder to operate.
Ozone production: up to 14% (at 20 NmL/min O2 flow rate)
Temperature range: room temperature
Pressure range: atmospheric – 6 bar
O2 flow rate range: 1 mL/min – 100 mL/min, 1 mL/min step setting option
Productivity range: mg – kg scale, depending on the chemical reaction
Working modes: Standalone reactor or connected to the IceCube™ Reactor
O3 mode or just carrying O2 gas
O3 concentration: 10-16% (volume), depending on O2 flow rate and cell temperature
The Ozone ModuleTM can be purchased as a stand-alone instrument or part of the IceCubeTM Flow Reactor system.
Width: 427 mm
Height: 220 mm
Depth: 330 mm
Weight: 11 kg
Benefits of Disinfectioning with Ozone
Ozone is a commonly used disinfectant around the world, for several reasons:
- Ozone is useful for the destruction of bacteria, viruses, yeast, molds, cysts, mildew, and most other organic and inorganic contaminants. There is no resistance build-up as well.
- Ozone requires short contact time and low dosage to be effective
- Ozone leaves no unpleasant smells, flavours, chemicals or residual toxins. All residual ozone convert to oxigen naturally within a short time
- Ozone’s effectiveness can be measured with an Oxidation Reduction Potential sensor
- Ozone can be generated on site and does not require storage
- Ozone has better penetration capacity for disinfecting materials like textile than chlorine
- Ozone has proven to be effective in air decontamination against SARS coronavirus. [Ozone Disinfection of SARS-Contaiminated Areas Kenneth K. K. LAM B.Sc. (Hons), M. Phil. Enviro Labs Limited, 611 Hong Leong Plaza, 33 Lok Yip Road, Fanling, HONG KONG]
The built-in ozone generator cell of the Ozone Module™ produces O3 from oxygen. As a gas source, any size of oxygen cylinders can be used with minimum 2.5 gas purity (99.5%). Higher gas purity can help to prolong the ozone cell’s lifetime. For introducing the oxygen gas, the cylinder should be applied with a low-pressure reducer. The Ozone Module™ can handle 3-5 bar gas addition. Due to the potential damaging effects of high-pressure gas cylinders on the ozonce cell, there is a built-in low pressure reducer in the system which will cause the alteration of the gas pressure so the system cannot change into the stable state.
The IceCube™ Reactor is designed as an effective cooling system (down to -50 °C or -70 °C) for high energy reactions. The Ozone Module™ can be easily connected to it and by this, chemists can run their ozonolysis reaction in small volumes, continuously quenching the excess ozone gas from the line.
Chemical resistance and compatibility
All wetted parts of the Ozone Module™ are made of PTFE. This plastic is completely inert and can hold several bar in pressure. The instrument’s exit lines (waste or product) are equipped with check valves to prevent the reaction solution to flow back into the instrument. The check-valves are included in the system as any liquid that could potentially enter the ozone cell can permanently damage the instrument.
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.