Follow your reactions with live in-line analysis.
ReactIR is an infrared spectrophotometer from Mettler Toledo, designed to monitor the progress of batch or flow chemistry reactions in situ. It can be equipped with a probe for batch reactions, or a 10 µL flow cell. This instrument allows easy conversion monitoring by detecting the disappearance of a characteristic peak of the starting material, and/or detecting the appearance of a peak of the target compound. It also makes it possible to detect intermediates, which potentially gives the chemists a better understanding about the mechanism and scope of the reaction.
- Regular measurements of normal IR spectra using the probe function
- In-line analytical data collection during reactions
- Conversion monitoring, in situ intermediate detection
- Live optimization of flow chemistry experiments based on reaction mixture spectra
- Runs 24/7 without liquid nitrogen cooling
- Infrared light reflects 8 times within the sample space, resulting in high sensitivity and excellent signal to noise ratio
- Built-in automatic peak picking algorithm with functional group intelligence
- Modern, intuitive and user-friendly software
- Data can be fed to automated control systems to change your reaction parameters according to previous measurement results, allowing easy optimizations
- 10 µL flow cell designed to minimize interference (see following scheme:)
ThalesNano has successfully applied ReactIR 702L to monitor the conversion of the reduction of nitroindole into the corresponding amine in a PhoenixTM+H-Genie® reactor system at low concentration (0.05M) of the starting material. If you are interested in a step-by-step breakdown on how this was achieved, please click the button below.
ReactIR 702L is compatible with all ThalesNano Instruments. For more information contact us!