Scale-up hydrogenation reactions
The H-Cube Midi™ allows the users of the H-Cube™, H-Cube Mini Plus™ and H-Cube Pro™ to scale up reactions and achieve the same result up to the capacity to 500 g per day without compromising efficiency and safety.
The H-Cube Midi™ system is designed to fulfill the need towards process scale-up flow hydrogenation.
- No need of gas cylinders or other external hydrogen sources
- Can be used in standard laboratories
- No need of catalyst filtration or direct catalyst handling
- Easy catalyst exchange
- Temperature range: from room temperature to 150 °C
- From atmospheric pressure to 100 bar
- Flow rates from 3 to 25 mL/min
- Higher reaction rates with increased phase mixing
- Easy-to-use, touch screen controlled
- Experiments optimized on the members of H-Cube series can be replicated in the H-Cube Midi™ easily
- Hydrogen introduction can be adjusted and controlled to improve selectivity
- Compact size, the system can be used in a standard laboratory fume hood
- No special training or skill is required to operate the system
- Smart software that aids in the finding of the optimal concentration and flow rate of the chemical reaction
How does it work?
- A continuous flow of substrate is combined with hydrogen, generated in situ from electrolysis of water
- The hydrogen/substrate mixture can be heated and pressurized up to 150°C (302°F) and 100 bars (1450 psi) respectively
- The mixture is then passed through a catalyst filled cartridge (MidiCart), where the reaction takes place at elevated flow rate up to 25 mL/min
- Within minutes, product emerges for fast reduction. Reductions varying in scale from 10 g to 500 g can be performed on the same compact reactor.
Compatible with Phoenix Flow Reactor for wider chemistry space
The Phoenix Flow Reactor is a powerful instrument which reaction zone can be heated up to 450 °C and is compatible with multiple types and sizes of reaction zones (CatCarts, MidiCarts, coils, metal-metal sealed catalyst columns). When connected, the two reactors are controlled separately on their own and it is possible to have the high-throughput flow and hydrogen generation from the H-Cube Midi with the versatility and high-temperature of the Phoenix Flow Reactor.
|Temperature range||From room temperature to 150°C|
|Pressure range||From atmospheric pressure to 100 bar|
|Flow rate||3 – 25 mL/min|
|Maximum hydrogen production rate||125 mL/min in 100% of hydrogen production|
|Water reservoir capacity||1000 mL|
|Water specifications||Deionized water with maximum conductivity of 71 nS/cm (min. resistance 14 MΩcm)|
|Dimensions||Height: 43 cm (17”) (including touch screen), Width: 36.5 cm (14.2”), Depth: 54 cm (21.3”)|
|Weight||23 kg (50 lbs)|
|Power requirements||Mains: 115V to 230V AC, 47 – 63Hz, Automatically adjusted|
|Power consumption||max. 700 VA|
|Water Reservoir Capacity||1 L|
|Dead volume||12 mL (including inlet and outlet tubes)|
|Dead volume of MidiCart™||2.9 mL|
|Touch-screen||Width: 120 mm (4.72″), Height: 89 mm (3.5”)|
|Tubing||Stainless Steel tubing, Outer diameter: 1/16”, Inner diameter: 1 mm|
(for inlet and outlet connections)
|10 – 32 UNF|