H-Cube Mini Plus™
Safe, simple and affordable hydrogenation
The H-Cube Mini Plus is a safe, powerful and affordable reactor that generates high-pressure hydrogen from water electrolysis, allowing chemists to perform catalytic hydrogenations from atmospheric pressure and room temperature to 100 °C and 100 bar in minutes.
Hydrogenation is one of the most important reactions in chemical synthesis, but the hazardous nature of hydrogen limits its use. The H-Cube Series have already eliminated the dangers associated with hydrogenation through the use of in situ hydrogen generation and the handling of pyrophoric catalysts by filling them in sealed catalyst cartridges (CatCarts). This technology has been adopted by the leaders in the pharmaceutical, flavor and fragrance, fine chemical, agrochemical industries and in academia.
The H-Cube Mini Plus’s hydrogen generation system can be easily turned off to allow heterogeneously catalyzed non-hydrogenation reactions to be performed as well, such as C-C coupling reactions.
- Hydrogenation without cylinders
- No catalyst filtration
- Fast Reactions
- Easy to use
- Academia budget compatible
- Built-in video tutorial
- Automated hydrogen drying system
How does it work?
- The hydrogen is generated by the electrolysis of water inside the system.
- The HPLC pump introduces the reactant solution into the device, where it mixes with the hydrogen.
- A continuous flow of hydrogen and solvent are passed through the reactor while the system prepares to work at the selected parameters (pressure, temperature and flow rate).
- When the desired parameters are achieved, the user can change the input from the solvent to the reactant solution.
- The hydrogen/starting material solution mix is passed through a packed column containing solid catalyst (CatCart), where the reaction takes place. The product leaves the column, but the catalyst stays behind.
- The product is collected in the collection vial.
- Reductions vary in scale from 10 mg-10 g of product.
|Technical Parameters of the H-Cube Mini Plus™|
|Temperature Range||Ambient to 100°C|
|Pressure Range||1 bar to 100 bar|
|Flow Rate||0.1 – 3 mL/min|
|Hydrogen Generation||25-30 mL/min|
|Water Reservoir Capacity||100 mL|
|Dimensions||• Width: 217 mm (8.54″)
• Height: 200 mm (7.87′) with closed display, 315 mm (12.4″) with opened
• Depth: 290 mm (11.42″)
|Weight||7.3 kg (16.09 lb)|
|Voltage||100 – 240 V AC|
|Catalyst Amount||0.1 – 0.3 g|
|Concentration||0.01 – 1M|
Links for further information
- H-Cube Mini Plus™ Brochure
- Download Free H-Cube Mini Plus™ Lab Manual
- Download list of CatCarts®, CatCart packages, and consumables for the H-Cube Mini Plus, together with the dead volume calculation for H-Cube Mini Plus, CatCart dead volume determation procedure, quick problem identification and solving guide and information on the sulphur resistant catalyst
In short, the H-Cube Mini Plus is a simpler version of the more sophisticated H-Cube Pro, and H-Cube Midi is used for scale-up and high throughput processes.