H-Cube® Mini Plus
Safe and easy hydrogenation with on-demand hydrogen generation
Hydrogenation in continuous flow
The H-Cube® Mini Plus is a safe, powerful and affordable flow reactor which generates high-pressure hydrogen gas on-demand with the electrolysis of water, allowing chemists to perform catalytic hydrogenation reactions from atmospheric pressure and room temperature to 100 bar and 100 °C in minutes.
Safety and convenience for hydrogenation
Hydrogenation is one of the most important reactions in chemical synthesis, but the hazardous nature of hydrogen limits its use. The H-Cube® series have already eliminated the dangers associated with hydrogenation through the use of in situ hydrogen generation and the handling of pyrophoric catalysts by filling them in sealed catalyst cartridges (CatCarts®). This technology has been adopted by the leaders in the pharmaceutical, flavor and fragrance, fine chemical, agrochemical industries and in academia.
Features of the H-Cube® Mini Plus
- Hydrogenation without cylinders
- No catalyst filtration
- Fast reactions
- Built-in video tutorial
- Automated hydrogen drying system
How does the H-Cube® Mini Plus work?
- The hydrogen is generated by the electrolysis of water inside the system.
- The HPLC pump introduces the pure solvent into the system, where it is mixed using a mixing valve with the hydrogen.
- The gas-liquid mixture passes through the reaction zone while the system prepares to work at the selected parameters (pressure, temperature and flow rate).
- When the desired parameters are achieved, the user can change the input from the solvent to the solution of the reactants.
- The reaction mixture passes through a packed column containing the solid catalyst (CatCart®), where the reaction takes place. The product leaves the column, but the catalyst stays behind.
- The product is collected in the collection vial.
- The reaction scale can be varied from milligrams to grams.
Reactions with hydrogen gas:
Triple bond full reduction, debenzylation, nitrile reduction, selective nitro reduction, selective triple to double bond reduction, selective double bond reduction, aldose reduction, aromatic heterocycle reduction, aromatic ring reduction, etc.
Deuteration, Sonogashira coupling, Suzuki coupling, etc.
|System specifications of the H-Cube® Mini Plus|
|Temperature range||From room temperature to 100°C|
|Pressure range||From atmospheric pressure to 100 bar|
|Flow rate||0.3 – 3 mL/min|
|Maximum hydrogen production rate||25-30 NmL/min|
|Water reservoir capacity||100 mL|
|Water specifications||Deionized water with maximum conductivity of 71 nS/cm (min. resistance 14 MΩcm)|
|Dimensions||• Width: 217 mm (8.54″)|
• Height: 200 mm (7.87″) with closed display, 315 mm (12.4″) with opened
• Depth: 290 mm (11.42″)
|Weight||7.3 kg (16.09 lb)|
|Voltage||100 – 240 V AC|
|Typical catalyst amount||0.1 – 0.3 g|
|Recommended concentration||0.01 – 1 M|
Do you have more questions?
Reach out to us at any time and experience fast and efficient support tailored to your specific needs.