Batch and flow photoreactions with one reactor
About the PhotoCube
This system is an award-winning, innovative instrument of ThalesNano that revolutionizes photochemical reactions in the laboratory. With its advanced design and cutting-edge features, the PhotoCube offers unprecedented control and precision in photochemistry experiments.
The PhotoCube boasts exceptional versatility, accommodating various types of batch and flow reactions, and providing precise control over parameters such as light intensity, wavelength, and exposure time.
Features of the PhotoCube
- Batch and flow reactions in the same platform
- 7+1 wavelengths in one instrument, available wavelengths: 365, 395, 457, 500, 523, 595, 623 nm and white
- Available batch reactor volumes: 4 mL and 25 mL glass vials
- Available loop volumes: 5-25 mL
- Available loop materials: FEP or PFA
- Temperature range: from 20 to 80 °C
- LED input power: up to 128 W/color
- User-defined parameters, including wavelength used, light intensity, and speed of stirring
- Temperature feedback
- External temperature control option
- Built-in safety features: to prevent the user from exposure to high-intensity light
Photochemistry in flow
Photochemistry is a powerful field within organic chemistry that explores the reactions and transformations initiated by light. One notable example is the widely-studied Minisci reaction, which offers a particularly valuable approach for creating new C(sp2)-C(sp3) bonds. However, traditional batch procedures often suffer from lengthy reaction times.
Fortunately, the emergence of continuous flow technology has revolutionized the field of photochemistry. By employing flow reactors, we can significantly accelerate photochemical reactions, enabling faster synthesis processes and streamlined workflows. Moreover, with careful planning, multiple synthetic steps can be seamlessly merged into a single continuous flow sequence, resulting in higher overall yields and increased efficiency.
At ThalesNano, we embrace the power of photochemistry and continuous flow technology to unlock new possibilities in synthesis. Our cutting-edge solutions enable researchers and chemists to harness the benefits of photochemical transformations, achieving remarkable results with enhanced speed, efficiency, and productivity.
At ThalesNano, we are dedicated to making knowledge accessible to all scientists. Our mission is to support education, research, and scientific collaborations, empowering scientists to share their experiences and find inspiration. Explore our Application Notes to discover how ThalesNano instruments can change your chemical research and help you achieve your chemistry goals.
Do you have more questions?
Reach out to us at any time and experience fast and efficient support tailored to your specific needs.