Higher throughput, expanded chemistry capability
The H-Cube Pro™ is the advanced version of the number one selling flow reactor, the H-Cube™. The H-Cube Pro™ takes the best of the H-Cube™, such as fast reactions, safe high-pressure hydrogen generation from water, catalyst cartridges and ease of use – and improves upon it dramatically.
Hydrogenation is one of the most important reactions in chemical synthesis, but the hazardous nature of hydrogen limits its use. The H-Cube Series have already eliminated the dangers associated with hydrogenation through the use of in situ hydrogen generation and the handling of pyrophoric catalysts by filling them in sealed catalyst cartridges (CatCarts). This technology has been adopted by the leaders in the pharmaceutical, flavor and fragrance, fine chemical and agrochemical industries.
The H-Cube Pro™ offers higher throughput, wider temperature capability including – for the first time – active cooling for more selective reactions and a new graphical interface with real time reaction monitoring/data logging and method storage capabilities.
- Hydrogenation without cylinders: two electrolytic cells for the in situ generation of up to 60 mL/min of high pressure hydrogen (up to 100 bar)
- No catalyst filtration: use of 30 mm or 70 mm CatCarts
- Fast reactions
- Active cooling system down to 10 °C and heating capability up to 150 °C
- Intelligent, user friendly software that shows and records the real-time parameters and makes optimization quick and simple using Simplex algorithm. It also has a timer function for automation.
How does it work?
- Hydrogen is generated through electrolysis of water.
- The HPLC pump introduces the reactant solution into the device, where it mixes with the hydrogen.
- A continuous flow of hydrogen and solvent is passed through the reactor at conditions from 10 °C up to 150 °C and atmospheric pressure to 100 bar.
- When the desired parameters are achieved, switch valve changes the inlet from the solvent vial to the starting material solution.
- The hydrogen/starting material solution mix is passed through a packed column containing solid catalyst (CatCart®), where the reaction takes place. The product leaves the column, but the catalyst stays behind.
- Product is collected in the collection vial.
- Reductions vary in scale from 10 mg-10 g of product.
Compatible with other modules for wider chemistry space
The H-Cube Pro™ is compatible with other reactor modules to give users chemistry capabilities beyond hydrogenation.
When the Gas Module is connected to the H-Cube Pro™, it allows the introduction of other gases than hydrogen, such as carbon monoxide, oxygen or Syngas. User can choose from further 12 gases to be used at up to 100 bar using the same touch screen intuitive controls, widening the reactor’s chemistry ability significantly.
Phoenix Flow Reactor
The Phoenix Flow Reactor™ is a powerful instrument which can be heat the reaction zone up to 450 °C and is compatible with multiple types and sizes of reactors (CatCarts, MidiCarts, coils, metal-metal sealed catalyst columns). When connected to the H-Cube Pro™, it is possible to set up a system to perform single or double-step reactions in series and to monitor and control the whole process using the interface of the H-Cube Pro™.
Fully automated system is now available when connecting the H-Cube Pro™ with the Autosampler system. The whole process on the H-Cube Pro™ is now fully automated. Ideal for performing optimization studies, catalyst screening (with the CatCart Changer), or library production.
Automation in an extended chemistry space
Fully automated flow chemistry platform, dedicated to automating high pressure and temperature reactions, with or without reagent gases such as carbon monoxide or hydrogen is also available for the users. The automated system features an H-Cube Pro™, Phoenix Flow Reactor™ and Gas Module combined with an autosampler. The PC controlled automated system is able to inject starting materials into the reaction zone and collect product as well. The combined system is one of the most versatile automation systems available and can perform the following:
- Reactions from 10-450 °C and 1-100 bar (1450 psi).
- Up to 13 different reagent gases.
- Heterogeneous or homogeneous catalysis.
|Technical Parameters of the H-Cube Pro™|
|Pressure Range:||From atmospheric pressure to 100 bar|
|Reaction Temperature Range:||From 10 to 150°C|
|Flow Rates:||0.1 – 3 mL/min|
|Optimal Flow Rates:||0.5 – 2 mL/min|
|Maximum Hydrogen Production Rate:||60 mL/min in 100% of hydrogen production|
|Required Water Specifications:||De-ionized water with recommended conductivity of 14 MΏ cm|
|System Specifications of the H-Cube Pro™|
|Dimensions||Height: 40 cm (15.75”) (including touch screen)|
|Width: 37 cm (14.6”)|
|Depth: 51 cm (20.1”)|
|Weight||23 kg (46.3 lbs)|
|Power requirements||115-230 VAC|
|Dimensions of HPLC pump||Height: 127 mm (5”)|
|Width: 76.2 mm (3”)|
|Depth: 250 mm (9,84”)|
|Weight of HPLC pump||2.32 kg (5.1 lbs)|
|HPLC pump power requirements:||100-240VAC, 1.3A, 47-63Hz, 55W|
|Water Reservoir Capacity:||300 mL|