Expanded chemistry capability
The H-Cube Pro™ offers higher throughput and wider temperature capability for more advanced applications. Active cooling for more selective reactions is included, as well as real time reaction monitoring and data logging.
- Hydrogenation without cylinders: two electrolytic cells for the in situ generation of up to 60 NmL/min of high pressure hydrogen (up to 100 bar)
- No catalyst filtration: 30 mm or 70 mm CatCarts® can be used with the system
- Fast reactions
- Active cooling system down to 10 °C and heating capability up to 150 °C
- Intelligent, user friendly software that shows and records the real-time parameters and makes optimization quick and simple using Simplex algorithm. It also has a timer function for automation.
How does it work?
- The hydrogen is generated by the electrolysis of water inside the system.
- The HPLC pump introduces the pure solvent into the system, where it is mixed with the hydrogen.
- The gas-liquid mixture passes through the reaction zone while the system prepares to work at the selected parameters (pressure, temperature and flow rate).
- When the desired parameters are achieved, the valve changes the inlet from the solvent vial to the starting material solution.
- The reaction mixture passes through a packed column containing the solid catalyst (CatCart®), where the reaction takes place. The product leaves the column, but the catalyst stays behind.
- The product is collected in the collection vial.
- The reaction scale can be varied from milligrams to grams.
The H-Cube Pro™ is compatible with other reactor modules to give users chemistry capabilities beyond hydrogenation:
When the Gas Module™ is connected to the H-Cube Pro™, it allows the introduction of other gases than hydrogen, such as carbon monoxide, oxygen or Syngas. The user can choose from further 12 gases to be applied at up to 100 bar pressure, widening the reactor’s chemistry ability significantly.
Phoenix Flow Reactor™
The Phoenix Flow Reactor™ is a powerful instrument which can be heat the reaction zone up to 450 °C and is compatible with multiple types and sizes of reactors (CatCarts®, MidiCarts™, coils, metal-metal sealed catalyst columns). When connected to the H-Cube Pro™, it is possible to set up a system to perform single or double-step reactions in series and to monitor and control the whole process using the interface of the H-Cube Pro™.
Fully automated system is available when connecting the H-Cube Pro™ with the Autosampler™ system. The whole process on the H-Cube Pro™ is now fully automated and is ideal for performing optimization studies, catalyst screening (with the CatCart Changer™), or library production.
Automation in an extended chemistry space
Fully automated flow chemistry platform, dedicated to high pressure and temperature reactions, with or without reagent gases such as carbon monoxide or hydrogen is also available for the users. The automated system features the H-Cube Pro™, the Phoenix Flow Reactor™ and the Gas Module™ combined with an autosampler. The PC controlled automated system is able to inject starting materials into the reaction zone and collect product as well. The combined system is one of the most versatile automation systems available and can perform the following:
- Reactions from 10 to 450 °C and from atmospheric pressure to 100 bar (1450 psi)
- Reactions with 13 different gases
- Heterogeneous or homogeneous catalysis
|Temperature range||From 10 to 150°C|
|Pressure range||From atmospheric pressure to 100 bar|
|Flow rates:||0.3 – 3 mL/min|
|Maximum hydrogen production rate||60 NmL/min in 100% of hydrogen production|
|Water reservoir capacity||300 mL|
|Required water specifications:||De-ionized water with recommended conductivity of 14 MΏ cm|
|System Specifications of the H-Cube Pro™|
|Dimensions||Height: 40 cm (15.75”) (including touch screen)|
|Width: 37 cm (14.6”)|
|Depth: 51 cm (20.1”)|
|Weight||23 kg (46.3 lbs)|
|Power requirements||115-230 VAC|
|Dimensions of HPLC pump||Height: 127 mm (5”)|
|Width: 76.2 mm (3”)|
|Depth: 250 mm (9,84”)|
|Weight of HPLC pump||2.32 kg (5.1 lbs)|
|HPLC pump power requirements:||100-240VAC, 1.3A, 47-63Hz, 55W|
|Water Reservoir Capacity:||300 mL|